View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 08:18 AM   #194
special-K
Special Order

Re: Period Correct Accessaries for your truck...

I think I'd do one or the other but not both. I mean the hood and the extra lights together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
The blue one is cool. If only my blue truck wasn't a Jimmy with a doublewall top.
I bought my Orange'68 C/10 Stepside because the PO had put on a dealer-optioned big tool box on the back. He even had it painted 516 Orange to match.
Essential for keeping everything needed to keep a rig running, including a spare 5 gallon gas can [Justrite brand]. Jumper cables, tool box with special tools, wrenches, ratchets, sockets, etc.
I like that box. Makes me want to make one. I've seen them done like yours with the lids sloped a bit, too. I've been wanting to get my aluminum diamond plate box powder coated white. I think it would seem more vintage, not obviously aluminum, which you just didn't see being used back then. I always did the paint to match thing on my boxes.

I have a pair of Reading 90" flip top side boxes I originally ran on a '71 K/20. What Reading was making up through the '90s (at least) was still the same style as since the '60s. I've used them, off the truck, for tool storage for 15 years. I thought about painting those white and using on the '72 K2500

I only have pictures of them on an '84. Those are the same racks that are on the '72 now
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote