View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 11:00 AM   #41
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: 68 K20 GMC/Chevy

So when I first got the truck we gave it a quick clean up and took the canopy off. This weekend I washed all the windows inside and out. Man it really is different looking through the sparkly windows and mirrors haha!

I was cleaning the tires and mags and the front left mag was missing two lugnuts and had a couple of loose ones. Now this is weird because I just put these on, all new, all torqued to perfection. I checked all the rest of the lugs and all were good. I'm ordering a set of locking lugs today. And I'm parking my truck in the back yard behind a locked gate ... dunno if someone was monkeying with it or not, just not going to take a chance leaving it out front anymore.

Yesterday I drove it to the John Deere dealer to get a rear bagger for my mower. The lady brought the stuff to the truck on a hand truck and went gaga over the 68. Her dad had one just like it when she was growing up, reminded her of him.

On the way home saw a couple more K-trucks and got the wave lol. I'm really glad I picked this thing up from Mark. It was such a nice day, 80's, all the windows down and the slider open taking the back ways to all my stops.

Funny thing, every time I get in and start it up my left foot hits the floor. All my other 4X4's have been 4-speeds.

I need to get the new interior in that Grumpy sewed for me. Need to make some decisions on what I'm going to do with the gauges and radio first. Ill post pics when I get it in.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote