View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #11
MARTINSR

Re: Camaro Clip Measurement. Help!

I had a neighbor with the same Camaro as I got the sub frame from and I just measured the distance from the rubber bumper to the frame and put mine the same being they are close to the same weight.

As I remember it was very little, something crazy like an inch or an inch and a half or so. I think they were real close in to the frame under the spring so the movement isn't much there compared to out at the wheel.

Another thing that is very important is to put a protractor on the stock control arm shaft in the Camaro and make yours the same when you weld the clip on. If the rear end is at the proper height as well when you do this you now have a Camaro, not a truck with a different suspension for the alignment shop to freak about. You align it to the Camaro specs, done deal. But having that upper shaft at the right angle is very important, and it only takes a minute to do it right.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote