View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #13
Android04

Re: Sway Bar - Factory Power Assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
The 64 to 66’ C10 and 20 trucks with power assist came with front sway bar, e.g. 66’ Custom Camper, or had it available as an option. It is the same type as the 1 1/4 bar referenced above, only smaller in diameter. The factory lower control arms may already have holes for mounting the sway bar. The photos below are of a 65’ C10 with power assist steering and factory sway bar.
Photos show how connect to lower control arm, and their is a bracket on the bottom of frame rail that also attaches to the bar ( you can just see it some of the photos). Can take better photos showing bar, if needed.

Thanks,
Les
Thanks Les. My factory lower control arms do already have the holes for mounting. My CPP bar is just hitting the hydraulic lines and the power steering control valve. If I turn my wheel right slightly it will clear when bagged all the way out.

My chances of finding a stock one in those years are super slim I think. Unless you know something I don't. ha At this point I'm considering cutting the CPP bar in the middle and welding in a small section to open up the bar a little. My only concern is steering clearance. So I plan to tackle that in the next few weeks.
Android04 is offline   Reply With Quote