View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 05:51 PM   #592
prostreet1967

Re: Project Family Truckster: 2wd Conversion Turbo LSx Blazer Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Income View Post
Plans changed awhile back. Its not a 5.3 anymore, the engine in the truck is an LS3 headed 6.0 LQ4. It's the 1.32 exhaust side.

Been bouncing around to different tasks on the truck, to stay moving forward.

Hung the passenger side fender on, and put the inner fender in to determine turbo location.

Fabbed up a bracket to hang the turbo off the cylinder head and the PS exhaust manifold.

Started on some of the hotside plumbing. Didn't get too carried away, since I'm still waiting for some parts to show up in the mail.

Decided to call in the troops on Saturday. This thing has to make a 700 mile round trip on May 17. The clock is ticking.
My brother and father in law

My buddy Brent

My dad

My brother finished up the complete transmission and engine harness, as well as the fuse block. Talk about a clean setup...but it should be, since he designs wiring harnesses for a living.

Brent was a man on a mission building the turbo merge. Basically started from scratch and started hammering away to create a masterpiece.

Finished the brake connections

Also finished the steering

I'm kind of a fire extinguisher geek ever since my '69 almost burned to the ground in college. So, a HalGuard Halotron 1 fire extinguisher is mounted within easy reach
How u mount the aluminim PanEl I don't see any bolts going thru firewall further in build
prostreet1967 is offline   Reply With Quote