View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #13
Hart_Rod

Re: 2017 Crewcab Shortbed aftermarket upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prong View Post
FYI,
The 5.3 and 6.2 engines uses different part numbers because of the exhaust pipe diameter.
Thanks, I was wondering what the difference was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Thanks guys!

I was actually looking at the S-Type for sound, I guess there isn't another muffler choice optional with this kit?

I watched a borla video on how they designed the system to not have a drone in V4 (I turn mine off 90% of the time anyway), do I REALLY need the valve??? Of course I can't find that video now...

It looks like it's another $120-140 for tips, what exit did you go with and tips? Any pics of how yours looks out the back?
The GMPP version only comes with the Touring muffler. I was worried about it not being loud enough with the 6.2, but it's perfect for me. I think that it would be a little quieter on the 5.3s. So depending on the noise level you might want, the S-type might work for you. Just keep in mind, they will probably get a little louder the longer they are on your truck.

I went with the GMPP setup because it was what the dealer would have put on and I don't want to worry about them giving me a hassle on my warranty. And even though the tips are extra, they give you some adjustabilty on the tip location, unlike the Borla setup in which the tips are welded on.

There are only 2 exit options that I have found, 2 out the back or 2 out the passenger side. I went with the 2 out of the back (pictures included). I think that there is enough pipe that I could probable get my muffler guy to bend them and do a 45 turn to come out of the rear corners but I haven't decided yet.

As far as the flapper valve, I'm not sure what difference it makes, but I read a lot of complaints about the drone for the systems that don't have it. If you turn the V4 mdoe off, it shouldn't really matter. OBTW, how do you turn off the V4 mode? I know you can put the transmission in M (manual) mode and drop it down to 5 (or 7th for the A8s) and that will keep it from switching. Have you found another way other than through the tune? Also, I would like to see the video of them designing the exhaust system if you find it.

PS I also picked up a driver's side assist handle that mounts on the A-pillar. It looks just like the one on the passenger side. Keeps you from having to use the steering wheel to get into the truck. It's a GM part number and is an option for the truck that the dealer wants to charge you $250 for. You can buy the part for $45-50 online.....
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 03-03-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote