View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 02:06 AM   #11
Cooper197

Re: Cooper's 1966 C-20 "Old Yell'r" - Picture Heavy

Finally another update on this ol' truck. Generally just been driving it and enjoying the time behind the wheel. Drove it out to my friend's place a few nights back and got to talking to his dad about the truck. This led on to talk about the engine, and shortly after learning that it has the tired old I6 in it, he made me an offer I was just plain stupid to refuse.
For his company, he has a 1978 Chevy Beauville van with a 350 and a 4 barrel. It has roughly 85,000 miles on it and was just replaced with a late 90's Suburban. He decided he didn't want to go through the trouble of selling it, and it was worth such a small amount that he said I could just have it! He then went inside, signed the title and handed me the keys.

So, in a few days, I'm dropping off the truck and the van with a friend and will pick it up soon after with a fully rebuilt 350 in it, ultimately for just the cost of parts as the van has a freshly rebuilt transmission and the engine from my truck that are being used as trade.

Pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself!

Last edited by Cooper197; 07-14-2015 at 02:27 AM.
Cooper197 is offline   Reply With Quote