View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 07:04 AM   #42
special-K
Special Order

Re: Question for the purists

I think there is no blanket to cover this whole topic. I see a purest as being rigid on the topic, which leads to them all but telling someone what they should do with their possession. I take it on a case by case basis and trust in my discretion. We all have our standards and our rights. There's what I would do and what others would.

My current K2500 came pretty nicely off the assembly line. It's a Sierra Custom Camper with A/C, posi, and some other niceness. Looked pretty good white with blue interior. My original intentions were to make it my RV truck with a 4Wheel camper and set up to tow. I had the high option Cheyenne Super for a purist resto, then got the Highlander for a driver. Never got the camper, sold the Super, then the Highlander. I also had a '71 SWB K/10 Custom Deluxe I was going to build into a badass with 1t axles and 37" Swampers. Sold that, too, and was going to do all that to the Sierra (had it all). The Sierra has gone from original plan to being what the SWB was going to be to now thinking I should keep it as the factory K2500 that it is and build the badass from a square body chassis with 67-72 body. But I have added options it didn't come with, used the saddle interior I originally thought to put in the Super, and will change color when I get to the body. In the mean time the white is great for a driver that I can paint bad spots on without looking bad. I don't want to do anything that couldn't be changed back, but the vibe for now is a cool survivor truck as it might have been personalized in the '70s. I always have a plan, but that can change. I feel this is my keeper, my last K20/K2500, that I will do as I please. I've kept it alive for 16 years so far. I'll make this one what I wish it had been from factory...a Sierra K2500 Fenderside saddle interior either bronze, dark green, ochre, or maybe even tangiers orange. I'll let you know when I'm on my way to get the paint. I might do a customized SPID for the chrome glovebox door with woodgrain while keeping original blue glovebox door intact.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-11-2017 at 07:11 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote