View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 05:48 AM   #38
UGAK5

Re: 1972 Blazer CST Frame off Project in NC

So, here's an update post:

I found a classic truck parts supply business 40 miles from my house - a curse and a blessing! Great guy, good parts - just too easy to go there and buy stuff.

My last trip there was a new bedfloor, both rear quarters, wheel wells and a fuel tank. Yes, that's right, I am trashing the entire rear section of the blazer and starting over. After blasting, it was obvious that the rear quarters were shot, and the bedfloor was like swiss cheese - so even though the bedfloor is a pricey part, it will be cheaper than the labor I was going to have to put into it.

Pics below, and a pic of the freshly blasted frame as we were prepping it for paint. I opted for paint over powdercoat as I know I will scratch and ding it here and there and wanted the ability to repair it as I did.

Also, in the last pic is the crossmember that separates the cab floorpan from the rear bedfloor. Its teh piece that comes up 90 degrees from the floor and forms the 'riser' that the bedfloor folds over and welds to. Does anyone know the name of that part or better, have any leads on a replacement? I am screwed without it!
Attached Images

UGAK5 is offline   Reply With Quote