View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #15
bluex

Re: NV3500 Install in a 78 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero6-dc View Post
I am Tony. I thought I was the only one sorting the same issues. I am so glad I found your post. I have a 79 stepside with a Ramjet-502 crate engine and a T-56 for transmission. I am going to follow your example for the clutch pedal, unless I can find an aftermarket to fit. And regarding the factory crossmember, I have mine in-place. Bear in mind I have had this truck since brand new. Originally w/305cu in small block and th350, It seems to fit 427 BBC w/350 (mod.) then BW 4-speed and now the T-56. I am currently cutting my floor driveline and alignment issues. As we speak it looks the crossmember will work yet again.

Thank you again for your post and info.

Tonyd.
No problem man, glad it was helpful. As I mentioned in that section I based all my hydrualic selections off what others have done for a T56 since its the same slave/bearing for both transmissions. You can follow what I did and it should work perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpoindexter View Post
Very cool. I put a hydraulic clutch bellhousing in my '78 when I swapped in a T5. i used a hydraulic master cylinder from an '87 chevy truck, and it looks goofy because the firewalls aren't the same between '78 and '87....so the master is at a slight angle. Your solution is much cleaner.
Thanks!
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote