View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #1383
SnowNeck

Re: How about some pics of your 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud.man.rj View Post
That 85 Sierra is a cool first truck, or really just cool in general. Nice all around and good project to make nothing but better. Some nice add ons already too.
THANKS!! Its been pretty good to me, with all the snow,ice, and 50 miles a day 5 days a week driving for 2 years now, really cant complain. Cant wait to "finish" it hah if that ever happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
really nice looking truck
jegs sells a brandnew GM 350 for not a lot of money
http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Perf...rentProductId=
its pretty basic cast crank cast pistons but 4 bolt mains and a 2 piece rearseal
with all the stuff you have on you're 305 now you should have about a whole new longblock under the hood when youre done

if you want more grunt i would go for a 383 with an eagle or scat rotating assembly and some vortec heads and some sort of cam meant for towing , that keeps the rpm low , if you build the machined block together youreself you prolly could do it for about 1500 to 2500 dollar depending on the machinework you need done to the bare block
check some of the hotrod builds for details
Funny you mention that motor, Ive been looking at it and was really liking the whole 100k 3 year warranty behind it. I'd love the 383 idea but i just cant, yet. This truck is going to be my daily driver for many years to come. I personally don't know the feeling of anything other than my truck really ( talking power wise). A 350 should feel a world a difference by it self, I'm aiming to spend under 2 k for this whole build what would you suggest being the truck is going to be a daily driver, anything? or should the motor be pretty well set up?