View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #271
69-350
Oil trash and damn proud of it

Re: Post Your Ride 88-98 Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mann View Post
hey Mark,

Question, I was looking at a 2/4 drop to lower the truck and level it out. Should I still be looking at 16 inch wheels too, or decide on one thing or the other?

Also, how hard would it be to recalibrate the speedometer for the change to 16's???

BTW- this weeks' additions included a performance chip, and a locking gas cap. Nothing really exciting to see, so no pics...

Thanks again for your help,

You shouldn't have to recalibrate the speedo for anything, unless you go with way undersized tires. I've got my 35's on (woot woot!! Time to take pictures this week! Just gotta fix my speed sensor, one of the wires got hard and broke. Bah) Otherwise, my speedos only off by like 5 mph.

Not sure on the speed sensor on the 700R4's. They're on the tailhousing of the t-case on the 4L60's, and I know it controls a lot of functions, such as the speedometer, shiftpoints and actual shifting of 3rd and overdrive, etc. 700R4's I'm not sure how they work precisely, but like on mine, I can use a programmer to recallibrate the speed change for larger gears and tires.

I think the 16" wheels, by the way, would be good. There's a lot of different ones that would look good. One thing you can do if you're very picky like me, is take a side image of your truck, find the right angle, and put it on your computer. Then find an image of a wheel you may like, copy and paste it into your truck's image, out of the way, and cut around the wheel and paste it over your wheels, reducing the size so it's right, etc. I used MS Paint. Hah.

Anyways, check out Eagle Alloy wheels http://aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=263# (that's what I went with, the 1372's, chrome with black rim)
American Racing
etc.

Truck Addons.com is a good site for truck accesories, lot of good stuff on there, lots of it. Any other questions, just ask bud.

1997 K1500 Z71, 14 bolt SF 3.73 posi, Bright Blue Metallic. 6" Superlift
1972 C-10, toolbox, p/s, 350/TH350/3.73 open, black int., bronze
2008 Dodge MegaCab. H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins. Fast Four Tons

Some of my pics http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/69-350/