Thread: Jeep Door Stops
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
fleetsidelarry
Senior Car Nut

Re: Jeep Door Stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66_c10_tpi View Post
These are the Jeep Cherokee Door checks I got at the Pull a part. They are different from what Pershing shows. I haven't installed them on the truck yet but look like they will work. Not for sure if I will use the fronts, rears,or modify them to be the same length as originals.
did you get the thick rubber gaskets that are supposed to go between the check and the door? they help limit the amount of travel in addition to absorbing shock. on one set I got at the yard the gaskets came out with the checks, on another set they stayed stuck inside the door and I didn't notice 'til I got home.

when I did the trip to the yard I was under the impression that I needed rear checks, I now firmly believe that I should have gotten the fronts.

As a clarification, none will hit under normal, controlled opening of the door. but if you, or someone, happens to "throw" the door open, or it otherwise swings open without someone holding on, you can mar your paint. the shorter throw versions will keep this from happening.