View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 08:07 PM   #15
69_hafton
Sleep-Deprived

Re: Engine Locked Up - Complete Oil Loss in Less Than a Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Chevy View Post
"Complete oil loss in less than a mile"
Tells me something major happened!Only oil pressure will blow that much oil in less than a mile except for a hole in the oilpan or the oil filter is busted!
Do you have an oil pressure guage?If so,did the line come loose at the intake?(It's behind the dist on the drivers side)
Do you see any holes in the block down low?
Will the starter turn the engine?
I'm really curious as to how this happened!
Mike.
My cluster is a "cluster" to put it lightly. The tach doesn't work, the MPH are off, and every reading on it was suspect. The temp looked good though and I don't even recall it the oil pressure is hooked up to anything and reading when this happened. I've been keeping the driving to a minimum until I could get a look at it, as the gauge cluster is one of the few things that I haven't removed yet. So, I definitely could have been more careful... I guess I need to look for an oil pressure gauge connection - I assumed it was electronic. My previous truck, the small plastic pressure line that ran into the cab to the aftermarket oil pressure gauge popped out of the gauge and put nearly a pint on the floor before I shut it down, so it is a possibility.

I did confirm that the oil filter is ok, and I haven't found any holes anywhere unexpected. The bolt hole by the fuel pump is really in the vicinity of where I suspect the oil originated from, based on what is covered with oil from there on back. The starter won't budge the engine at this point...
69_hafton is offline   Reply With Quote