View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #6
Killer Bee

Re: Source for best 72 burb seat covers etc

not that I necessarily want to bash SMS, but I feel after the nearly two years of pain and frustration, it's my duty to report the FACTS;

I posted about this before.. here's the final result;

I have more pictures but this sums it up..

all I can say is good luck!

from a previous post with some added info;

the one and only.. and apparently the only game left in the country according to about 50 phone calls I made..

all started in Jan '16 and finally ended yesterday..

requested samples by model year, received A,B,C, recognizing the difference, attached sample from seat and sent back..

received an EXACT match sample! smiles all around the upholstery shop, this is going to be good!

then proceeded to receive everything under the sun BUT the matched sample..

over, over, and over again..

so after many, many phone calls, hours of listening to lies and excuses, finally got to talk to Doug himself.. felt like I was in the twilight zone, he was flabbergasted that I wasn't happy with the materials he was making and just couldn't understand my dissatisfaction.. as if he had never sent me the EXACT match of my fabric over a year earlier that I repeatedly requested..

so then he finally admits he has it, after insulting me for not accepting his new fabrics that everyone else claims is fantastic.. he does say that he thought it would have to be spliced but decided to never mention it to me or the trimmer or why.. I was thinking they were small pieces? no, he sends me a bunch of faded remnants but none of the two match very well in sufficient size to make a cover with one center splice..

more calls and finally received his hold out stash.. he finally sent me a 60" single piece and barely big enough to make the seat.. even that piece has a slight bit of fading but nothing like the previous damaged pieces..

indeed, who else runs a business like this? hopefully no one I ever encounter again for the rest of my life.. that company is deceptive and dishonest to say the least.. I'll keep my feelings about him personally to myself but suffice it to say, they're not family friendly..