View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Gee, I'm SO hurt...nobody cares enough about my "new" truck to even make a comment?

Okay, here are the first pictures of the ugly old beast. Check out that rear bumper huh? Truck will turn 10's after I take that off.

As I wrote above, the engine was rebuilt in '89 and the truck sat after about '91 (the last year it was registered before 2011). It starts right up and idles with a mild lope. Wipers, horn, lights all work. Even a working heater!

I pick it up today and first thing is replace all the fluids and filters. What tranny fluid do you guys recommend for a TH350 like this in unknown condition? Shifts well as is though.

Since its been sitting a loong time, should I swap the fluid (do anything else to it?), run "X" miles and change it again? Any advice appreciated. Hoses and belt appear to be newish.

Obviously it needs an alternator to bring it into the LAST century. Too bad the first owner let all that rust accumulate after spending the money to buy the (cheap) chrome bits.

Oh well, feel free to comment. I won't mind
"As Purchased" last night. Came with a lot of good stuff including a spare rear window!

PO removing junk stored in bed.

'283 Rebuilt in '89. Sat after '91 - too bad. All that (cheap) chrome went to hell but it once looked better. Think an alternator would be a good idea?

New Battery, Rebuilt Holley barely visible. Heads have "327" and "2.02" in yellow marker on front of them. I'm assuming these are the desireable camel hump heads with 2.02 intake valves? Any other way to tell for certain - advice appreciated.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote