View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #22
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

So, 'ya want pictures do 'ya? Be careful what you ask for - I'm so "in love" with this stupid thing I take pictures before I leave for the office in the morning. What an idiot, huh?

In her new home driveway this morning. I cleaned up one corner of the front bumper just to see if it was as good as I thought it might be.

Compare to the as-purchased condition above. I thought the rear window was etched and ruined but it came out clean. Now I truly have a spare big rear window! Another reason the price was reasonable (to me!)

Original owner tack welded this plate on 3 sides-ugh, what a water trap. Got about 6 spot welds ground off before my El Cheapo Harbor Freight grinder started getting too hot to hold. Bed below isn't as bad as I thought it would be. One board missing, others fall apart if you touch the wood with a scraper.

Closer up:

The worst (and only so far EDIT - opps, forgot passenger side cab corner) rust through:

Door steps are clean as are floors except for light surface rust:

Advice on how to repair this? I want to KEEP the original radio & knob holes but fix the drilled spot. Anyone make a patch panel or I've got to fab two tiny patches?

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 05-13-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote