Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #22
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

tacked in the drivers side

i hacked the old fuel pump relief out. i will plate that back in and then depending on the front accessories i end up with i will likely have to notch and replate the frame in that area for the A/C comp. i want to have a blank slate if that is the case so i am going to patch it all in first.

had a little extra bit in the front. i thought i took shots of both sides, but i guess not. the other looks like this one in a mirror. the frame has some awkwardness at the front. i have a few gaps to deal with, but when i am done it will be smooth.

drilled the holes for the bushing tubes, need to touch them up a little with a die grinder as the holesaw walked just a touch on the passenger side and the bushing tube is about .060" off on the inside. the saw left a little ridge that is holding it away from where i want it.

then i had to clean the garage as it was a horrid wreck. in the process i decided i would like some gratuitous test fit shots with the new front clip.

i am so excited to have the cab moved away from my workbench and out of my way. a weekend or two more and i think i can set it back on a welded frame

Ryan

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote