View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
jcramsey

Re: The Egg Hauler.... not much of a build

Was working on getting the truck drivable when the 327 decided to take a dump on me. Not sure if it was my fault or not, possibly didnt have enough coolant in before taking it for a quick spin around the neighborhood, but pulled into the driveway in a cloud of white smoke. Thought it was a head gasket, but after changing that I still had some issues so tore down the motor and discovered the crack.

As much as I hated that, I was actually glad that I now had the chance to put a 250 back in. I dont plan on drag racing or doing burnouts at every stop light, so I figured a little six would be enough to get me to the beach and back home. Plus i like the originality of having the same engine that came in the truck.

Found one up in NC that came with a set of headers and brand new Offenhauser, so I jumped on that pretty quick. Did a good cleanup of the engine, oil change and a few new gaskets and had it looking halfway decent.

Found a Holley 390 and got an HEI over Christmas and within the last week have finally got it fired up and taken a few short drives down the road. (made sure coolant was full too)
Attached Images

jcramsey is offline   Reply With Quote