View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #35
moregrip

Re: my C10 project....building a truck from a heap of parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vht View Post
Get a plan together, make a list. Things will change along the way, you may run into a deal on something or come up with some parts you hadn't planned on using. I hate body work, so I'll do it awhile and then I worked on something else for awhile. Just enjoy working on it and remember nothing is going to go exactly as planned. Or at least for me it doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
I find that it is important to have a plan and do your best to follow that plan. My Jeep project started as a simple frame repair and snowballed into a full build with new axles, custom built suspension, and a complete drivetrain swap. I couldn't be happier with the outcome, but it went from a winter project to a 4 year project. I try now to plan everything out from the beginning. Things come up and things still change, but it is minimized by having a good plan.
thanks gents, appreciate the advice. I guess it would help to sit down and formulate a solid build direction, I suppose all I've really been doing is assessing the condition of the parts I have, gathering the the stuff I know I'll need while trying to address my limited storage situation.

putting pen to paper, will report back

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote