View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 06:59 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: Look What I Found

Aren't these cool? Yeah Mike, I meant 4wds for here. I always wanted an FC pickup. They were unique and a great idea for a pickup that can go where no other can. No hood to look over as you top a climb, get right up on stuff with your own eyes, and for whatever length bed you have you have a way shorter wheelbase. Not to mention a spacious cab considering the era and the overall size of the truck. Sure is spacious compared to the Willys Wagons and pickups. I like the Little Willys pickup cabs, too. I'm a truck guy through and through, but hot rods were my first love and I see having one of those as satisfying both loves...if I could only have one.

My family has a mountain top farm (just land now) in the NW tip of Maryland and I've always dreamed of keeping a mountain goat up there for getting firewood and chores on the place, running into town, and of course general boppin' around the countryside. This what I had planned for the '71 C/30 Napco I had.

I decided to retire it due to a shot cab, so I sold the utility bed and took it to a lcal guy who builds/repurposes used commercial trucks...stretch/shorten frames, swap bodies/beds around, tractor out of dump, garbage out of box van, old horse vans onto new truck, etc. I had swapped off some work on his house when he mounted/painted the utility bed. So, I sold it and he pulled it when I sold it. I had overhauled the whole drivetrain on that and the plan was put another can on and have this guy (who is also an auctioneer) locate a single wheel contractor dump w/hist for it. If you've ever seen one, they are no wider than the cab with short sides. That was the plan till it disappeared from his shop!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote