View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 08:12 PM   #21
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Re: 1967 C-50 Dump truck Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71'tahoe View Post
I agree with low gears! My 1992 Peterbilt 379 has 3:90's and a 9 speed. I mainly haul grain with it so pulling out of some of these midwest fields loaded to the max, I fully understand low gears.

I have a good friend who owns a tire shop and i'm going to have her look for tires. The ones on it are not bad per say but they are really old and I have experienced blow outs on steer axles and drive axles..Neither one are fun or safe.

Brakes seem soft. I'm going to take the wheels off soon and try to remove the drums and inspect them. I know it has two wheel cylinders per side. I'm not sure if I'll be able to even find rebuild kits for them. I believe I do have a bad line/leak somewhere. I plan to do a hydro boost swap soon to do away with the single pot master cylinder and vacuum booster. I'm basically planning for the worse, that's all.

The suspension I have a couple rusted U-bolts which are no issue but the one rear axle saddle is rusted in two. Ill post photos tomorrow.

I was talking with a friend today and I believe my new plan is to find a Top Kick/Kodiak that has similar length and do a cab and bed swap. I still plan to work the truck in it's current condition pending I find no real issues with the brakes and I can find a axle U-bolt saddle.

Lastly the main reason I bought the truck is because it's an old 1967 dump truck, I do not want to loose that part of the build. Sure I could just go buy a small dump truck and keep moving but it wouldn't be as cool as a 1967 C50 dump truck. I know to some it may not make a lick of sense but to me to be able to build a cool old usable dump that I can enter into the local car show or draw attention to my shop..why not?
That’s why this hobby is so cool. It ain’t gotta make sense!
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote