View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #2582
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Ronnie (198plus) is getting ready to bring his cab to me in a couple of days so I tried to find something I could knock out pretty quick on my truck, so I drug my hood out to work on it and it is worse than I remember from a year ago. The reinforcements on the front and rear are ate up with cancer.

The shell is in pretty good shape. Just a slight depressed area towards the back of the "V" rib.

There are some dents but nothing major.

I want to replace the front and rear reinforcements with some good ones that I have taken out of some other hoods. But first I need to build a crib of some sort to support the hood. Once I remove the reinforcements it will fold up like a pretzel. I'm trying to figure out the best and easiest way to support it. I'd like to build it out of wood. I'm thinking of using plywood and cut out ribs to match the profile of the hood and wrap with foam. The thing is I don't have any wood and by the time I go to the store it will be a wasted day.

I also need to get the reinforcements blasted. If I had a bigger compressor I could do it at home. But I don't. So here I sit trying to think of something else to work on. I've got a thinking problem. LOL

BTW still looking for my other (passenger) vent window frame that I painted last year.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote