View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #24
Greenlee

Re: Vintage air in the 73-87 trucks questions

Thanks Slonaker. I will give Vintage Air a call. I'm starting with a bare cab and think it would be easier to move the computer than deal with trying to piece together the old AC system. I would love to see some pictures of your setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonaker View Post
I was told by one of the salespeople (I recently tied to be one of them, but only lasted a couple of days...) that the computer under the dash interferes with the case for the system.

There shouldn't be any reason you can't use it with a serpentine setup. The only down side I see is that the surefit kit comes with hoses that are cut and crimped for their Sanden compressor. If you go with the serpentine setup you'll get a modified hose kit instead. You'll have to cut your own hoses to the correct length and have the ends crimped on somewhere. I think you'll also need an adapter to connect the hoses to your existing compressor.

They have a Sanden compressor that replaces the factory one in one of the GM serpentine setups. I don't remember the details, but it is explained in their catalog on the page with the compressors. That might be an option as well. Their sales folks can give you all of the details on this stuff.

Slonaker
Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote