View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #36
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Burb Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchevota View Post
Wow, that looks great. I will be watching this one. Just a thought. why not sell the 5.3 and buy a 5.9 cummins with the cash? I think that would be the final touch to send this one over the top. Plus it is a tow rig, right?
I thought about it but this will be so low I don't think a cummins would fit very well and Nate does not recommend that much weight on a power rack & pinion. With out his DropMember their is now way to get a 3/4ton that low and handle so well. Yes it will be a tow rig but it will see more cruising than towing but when towing is needed.

Here are a few pics from Fridays work. I got allot done but it does not look like anything was done at all.

This pic is with the door skin lined up just to make sure the body lines are are all right before completing the hinge post.

All looked good but I still need to change out the inner door structure from a hinge post to a strike post. You see the door does not have the same profile from the front to rear. The front of the door is thicker as seen in this pic. The inner structure sticks out more then the rear of the front door.

So after the hinge structure was all welded up and braced I drilled out the spot welds and placed the structure into the rear of a passenger side front door. What this gave me was a profile that is the same as the rear of my front drivers door. The hinge area will need some dress up work so it looks right and the door skin will need to be split and shrunk so it flows right.

Here are 2 pics showing the new door front and how well it aligns to the front skin.

Now for just a few pics from Ron Covells class this weekend out at Dominator's shop. It was worth every cent!

This is one of the cars being built by Dominator that was not part of the class but I had to get allot of pics just the same. It is a 37 Cabrio.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote