View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #40
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Burb Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferris5 View Post
Sooo, after seeing your builds, I'm wondering: "Why's this guy taking a class!? he should be teaching!"

But seriously...
Kevin, I'm sure you have some pics somewhere else on the bb, but I'm wondering what your shop set up is like? I know you were redoing your house and stuff a long time ago, but I just am curious what you're working with.

btw, I have a good friend in Fairfield, one of these days I'll have to come bother you up in Winters!
Thanks. I know allot but I always feel I have even more to learn from others around me. A day that I don't learn something was a half waisted day!

My shop is just a 25x45 concrete building that was built around 1920 or so. It was the original carriage house for working on horse and buggy's back in the day. It is very cluttered (full of tools, parts and cars) and needs a second story added on soon. I have the plans drawn up for the second floor and over half the metal for it but I just don't have the time to do it right now or the break in builds to be down for as long as it will take. I will happen in the next few years before I go full time at fabricating because I will need a place for the other sheet metal fabricating tools I need to get like the English wheel, power Bead roller, shrinker and stretchers and so on. My classes next week will be with Lazzy who is an amazing metal former and it should be a great class.

Also I have Friday off so I hope to get the door just about finished up so I can start on the back half chop

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Here are a few more pics from my last class. It is a 37 sedan, glass body, tube chassis, 2000 Norstar rear mounted V8 and way too much time. This car was not built by Dominator but by a home builder that spent 7yrs and I don't even want to know how much money.

Notice the radiator hose's and were they go!

Last edited by Rokcrln; 09-25-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote