View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #47
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Burb Build

So for the upper rail I took two Burb door rails and welded them together. The front section is the rear of a passenger front door and it lined up great. Then the rear of this rail is the rear of a driver side rail and I had to slice the lower section that tucks into the door to get some angle on it so it would slide into the new door. Then the upper corner I just cut halfway through it on the top and bottom so it would bend to the correct angle for the opening.
Then I double checked the fit with it in the door for the first time.

Made sure everything cleared when open and shut.

I had to extend part of the lower rear rail so it tucks inside the door. It was about a 1/2" to short once I leaned it forward it had to grow just a bit.

Once I was sure it all worked I pulled it apart and prepped any area that I could not get to later or that was sandwiched against another layer. I used a anti rust primmer that is also a weld through product.

All back together with the upper rail tacked in place until the rest of the door is finished up just in case it needs some adjusting.

Now I need to finish up the hinge side of the door just so it looks finished and like the passenger side. Then I will cut out the inner door panel area and weld in the stock Burb inner panel so I have the window regulator and vent post mounting area. Then I will make the new lock rods and pivot mounts. Once the window rolls up smooth I will be converting it to power windows but figured this is the bast way to get their.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote