View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #251
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Re: Vintage picture thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritch View Post
EightBanger-Thanks for that picture of Little America. It's in Southwestern Wyoming on I-80, about 20 miles west of Green river, Wyo. It's changed a lot since then, but it's still there and open for business. I drive past it twice a week on my way to where I'm working these days, in Rock Springs, Wyo. It's owned by Earl Holding, who owns Sinclair Oil.
Your more than welcome pritch...I must say I'm really glad to hear that it still exists, perhaps if you were ever able you could take a pic of it now and post it. Places like that are, and always were, for outsiders like me, quintessentially American and just plain perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred T View Post
Some old family photos. The 47 Dodge dad bought in Seattle to move to Kansas. Loaded everything he could in it. Had to have been a long drive in 50. The 55 Chevy I remember the morning dad brought it home. I'm in the first and last photo.
Those are great Fred....real life. Thanks for sharing them. I do love this thread.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote