View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 03:13 AM   #26
Hilandr451

Re: '89 3/4T 'burb front-end swap to '66 C20

Well I know it looks like it but to be honest, this really didn't happen in 3 days - you see I started this part of the project over 2 years ago. I bought all the parts back in 2005. Then in 2007 I tore down that front-end, cleaned it and replaced all the bushings, ball joints & tie rod ends. I was in the process of putting it back together when I had what I thought was a stroke.

Turns out, I had an aneurysm on my aorta just above my heart. 2 surgeries totaling 23 hours, 15 days in ICU, for a total of 33 days straight in a stinkin' hospital bed, 2 months medical leave from work, a year of recovery, a bankruptcy and finally, I get to pick up where I left off before the operation.

Ironically, my progress is a result of the recession. The company I work for makes me stay home one week out of every month, so I finally have time to work on my truck!!

I'm broke as hell and if I hadn't bought $10,000.00 worth of parts back in '05 I would have had to sell or junk my truck months ago!

So if you really look at it, 3 months vs. 2 years - I'd say you're making a lot better time than me!
Highlander's web site: www.6066ChevyTrucks.com
Hilandr451 is offline   Reply With Quote