View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #157
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricott View Post
Your build is looking great. How tight will the pulleys be? If you need an 1 1/2 (or less) you could go with the vette style brackets and save this much space. Your thought about putting the radiator inside the support also seems to be a good solution. If you do this, would that cause problems with the AC condensor? The most drastic solution would be to move the engine back 1 to 2 inches. I know for your build this is probably not an option, but I think the engine could be moved back without causing other problems (oil pan hitting the rack) based on looking at the wifey's Envoy Denali. Thanks again for taking the time to post the build. You are definitely making it a lot easier for anyone who may want to do this in the future.

Ricky
Looks like I have 2-13/16" from the engine side of the core support to the tip of the threaded portion of the main pulley. It seemed bigger than that until I put a straight edge on it. If I can get reliable thicknesses for the condenser, radiator and fan assembly, I can make a decision. If it all fits inside the core support, it will be a matter of moving the entire assembly forward until it clears the threaded end on the pulley. All I would have to do is remove the cross bracing in front of the radiator and re-engineer that somehow. Once I get the stacked dimensions, I will respond to your condenser comment. If I can change the main pulley and lose the threaded portion, I will gain an inch or so. This may be what you meant by the "Vette style brackets". Not man enough to move the engine back at this time.....I love what the Chevy Engineers have done at the factory. Stay tuned...dug
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote