View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 12:24 PM   #36
gigamanx

Re: Craigslist sanity check: 4L80e + 5.7L SBC 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
dont beat yourself up too badly, when asked what you wanted out of the project in the beginning you said v8 and air ride.

if it makes you feel better, I spent more on getting my 4.3 running correctly than a good replacement engine would have cost from the salvage. its called the "run mother fu$%&er, why wont you RUN?" snowball where just one more part is all it ever needs. I picked up the metric air cleaner wingnut today and still only have about 3 one-more parts to buy.
Speaking of airride, I decided to do some armchair shopping and low and behold, someone is selling a accuair e level kit with all the components out of a VW eos. wants $1000 for everything except the 3/4" lines.

1x 440c compressor, 4 bags, 3 gallon tank, e level ECU, VU4 manifold, 4 leveling switches. Looking at the bags it looks like 2 are the strut type so I probably can't use those and 2 are the bag type I'm used to seeing in the front of the S10.

I really don't have the budget for another one of these craigslist "deals" but man, when I see someone selling about $2500 worth of stuff for $1000 its hard to say no. Especially knowing someday, I'll need a similar kit.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote