View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 01:58 PM   #87
Devil Pup

Re: Complete build change. Lifted 2wd

Picked up some inner fenders from a buddy and started the prep for them to get installed. Pretty solid other than a small amount of rust on the passenger side front
Name:  IMG_3158.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  45.7 KB
Driver side is in great shape and cleaned up nicely
Name:  IMG_3183.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  86.2 KB
used a spray on bed liner for the under side. Looks really nice in person, has a good texture to it and seems durable. we'll see how it holds up.
Name:  IMG_3186.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  30.3 KB
Set the motor in. Fought us a bit but we got it done. Unfortunately we are planning to pull it again to do the harness. We haven't done an LS before so we figure it would be easy to miss a sensor or something if we try to wire it without the motor sitting in front of us in the garage.
Name:  IMG_3197.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  99.8 KB

I do have a question if there is any experts. The motor seems to sit slightly higher than others i have seen. The pan is only about a 1/4" below the cross member. No clearance issues with the firewall or anything. I have a 73-87 cross member and 73-87 motor mount towers, 73-87 clams and Poly motor mounts with 3/8" thick adapter plates. Does anyone see this being an issue or just sit slightly high? Hood still closes also.
Devil Pup is offline   Reply With Quote