View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 09:44 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

Re: One more step away from a real truck

You could be right. I considered that. But that only supports my title "One more step away from a real truck". A vehicle designed more for convenience and comfort than work to the point it hinders it's function is not a truck in my mind. You can work out of a doggone station wagon. I mean, a pickup truck has a tailgate...needs a tailgate. Especially with what seems to be more shortbeds than longbeds these days (have to sacrifice 25% (or more) cargo space to accommodate space taken by the sedan cab). That 2' tailgate could drop so you could haul a 12' board (or kayak) without teetering out. Heck, a dbl cab Tacoma is hard to find with the "fullsize" 6' bed. Most are running around with 5' beds that put the bulk of the load out behind the rear wheels. That is bad truck ju-ju. My '95 SUV is more truck than that thing. I often set up the miter box on the tailgate.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-07-2018 at 10:08 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote