Thread: "52 3600/3100"
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #104
gigamanx

Re: "52 3600/3100"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mains52 View Post
So this past weekend my dad came by to help me finish up my cab corner and get the door lined up. Well after many trials and tribulations we decided to throw the towel in on the original cab. It was T-BONED in the driver side originally and I thought I could bring it back to life. I can't. So with that said I contacted the guy I bought my frame off of and he still had the OG cab that came on the frame and I am going to pick it up this coming saturday. So new cab is coming soon. Very soon. After admitting defeat on the cab, I said I didnt heat the garage for nothing so we decided to tackle my M2. Following Heidts installation instructions we got it tacked in and sort of mocked up. Just need to get my rotors (speedway on ebay) and get some wheels on it before I do the finish welding. The wife is being pretty cool about buying stuff for the truck even witha a baby on the way so thats a plus. Long winded update sorry.
You're in good company. I personally like long winded updates because I get as excited as you are to see some progress! The cab looks great and that front end looks like it'll be nice and smooth to drive. This is about the time in my project I stopped looking at the checkbook and just got what I needed as I needed it. Amazing how I'll not want to spend $100 on my daily driver, but a $350 speedway order for the truck is fine haha.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote