View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #109
Jeffs70

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT TONY View Post
These trucks are designed around leaking windshields; if you look at the dash top @ w/shield corners you'll see a drain hole on each side(l&r) for water to drain and drip from the areas you mentioned as it comes past the seal.
So I been installing these windshields all wrong for the past 25 years your telling me? I am supposted to let them leak? lmao geesh that makes my job alot easier since windshields is what I do for a living, Why would they in their right minds build them for leaks, Yes they build them incase there is a leak to prevent standing water, but that dont mean to go ahead and allow it to leak any farther if you know its leaking. those drain holes along the windshield are to just prevent standing water on the dash. those drain holes still allow water to drain on the floor board and in the rockers this can cause more rust this way if there is a windshield leak or leak at all infact. I guess some people dont mind a leak here and there then. but IMHO why would they have a windshield and windows with seals to keep the water out if it was ok to have it come inside the truck. if people didnt mind having water drain inside their trucks/cars then I am in heaven with my job and can just slap in any window/Windshield and not care if it leaks? lmao. I am also not trying to cause a fight here I am just a bit of a joker so dont take this all wrong.

Last edited by Jeffs70; 03-17-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Jeffs70 is offline   Reply With Quote