View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
69TowRig

Re: Brake booster install pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynee View Post
So, here's a question. I did this ac ouple months ago, and in the process realized a had a leaking brake hose on the driver's front, so I assumed that was what was causing my brake pedal not to come back up to the top.

Well, I replaced the hose last weekend, and still can't get the pedal back to the top without pulling up with my toe. It'll come up enough to release the brakes, but that's it.

Anybody know what's wrong here? I adjusted the length of the pushrod to both extremes with no change.
I would change the passenger hose as well. It may be collapsing internally and that will partially drag the brake as well as not let the MC return. I had a boss one time that had a hose collapse on the driver's front and would lock up the brake on that wheel. It took a while for it to settle and return. He drove around with the parking brake a lot before he got it fixed!
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...

Last edited by 69TowRig; 08-06-2008 at 02:40 PM.