View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #34
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 66 k10 4x4 disc brake/power steering conversion

OK, I did some measuring today on my '69 K20 frame between rain storms. Since the '69 had power steering from the factory, and I believe the frame to be nearly identical to yours, I figured that would provide some good measurements for your installation. I'll post up the pics I took, but I couldn't get a pic of the lower bolt location. You will likely have to remove the bumper brace on that side , at least until you get the box in place. The radiator support bracket on the '69 appears to be farther rearward than on the '63-'66's.

Measuring from the front of the bumpstop bracket to the center of the top rear bolt, it is 11 1/16". Measuring from the front of the bumpstop bracket again, but to the center of the lower rear bolt, it is 10 3/16"

Give that a try and let me know how that looks. It might be a good idea to get your new front differential in place, and the draglink mocked up before you finalize the steering box location. I'm reasonably certain these measurements will work
Attached Images

Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote