View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #45
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 66 k10 4x4 disc brake/power steering conversion

Yes there was power steering available on the '63-'66 trucks, but it may be easier to find the pump, pulleys and brackets from a '67-'72 truck. The short water pump was used on small block trucks thru '72. You might check out the '67-'72 classifieds here on the board, there are often PS setups for sale over there. The passenger cars '68 and older used the short water pump also. The long water pumps had a larger bolt pattern on the flange that some of the original short pumps, as well as a larger shaft. However some of the short pumps has both bolt patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66_k10_manny View Post
Problem. . . .the pulleys I got from the blazer dont seem to work with my 283. The crank pulley is different and the one from the water pump will work since I put a long water pump on it now but the configuration of the holes for my fan are different. The easiest way I think to be able to mount my ps pump is to switch back to my original short water pump, keep all my stock pulleys and find a bracket for my ps pump. Was there a year motor when there was power steering in combination with a short water pump?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote