View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
LBJ

Re: 1977 Bonanza BRAKE Warning Light ON

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. One more thing, why the low reservoir? Wouldn't that indicate a leak somewhere? Unless the brake pads have worn and allowed the reservoir to drop. But, since all new parts, I haven't put more than 1000 miles on the truck in 2 years. Seems kinda strange it's from brake pad wear.

I also found another possible answer from a mechanic I know. He said if the rear reservoir is way low, I have a leak in the master cylinder. Even though the master cyl is "new" it's likely still the source of the problem. I asked him if there's any really brand new master cylinders for old cars and he said they are all just remanufactured from cores. They come in a new box, maybe, but that's all. He added that I can loosen the bolts holding the master cyl to the brake booster, it will likely show a leak out of the back end. If the leak is real serious, it will collect in the brake booster and leak into the cab where I should be able to smell it. So, still nothing definite till I do some more checking.

Last edited by LBJ; 11-13-2018 at 03:29 PM.
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote