View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
82crawler

'70 C10 thermostatic divorced choke linkage help

1970 C10, 350ci motor. As far as I know, the intake and carb are stock with divorced thermostatic choke. Have had carb trouble for the past year. Rebuilt the carb 9 months ago, the truck has been running much better since, but still has issues. Divorced choke is my main concern at the moment, doesn't really seem to be working properly. Currently have the carb on the bench to investigate.

This is the current choke setup. I think I have that tiny spring in the wrong place, the one poking through the slot in the vacuum brake. In the original takedown (further below), that spring is doing absolutely nothing at all, resting on the choke lever on each side of the spring. What's the purpose of that little spring? It seems like the choke lever should be free-moving, because the thermostatic choke spring isn't very powerful (I have a brand new one installed).

Current setup:

Original (since previous-owner rebuild) setup:

Lastly, where is the fast idle cam supposed to rest? On top of or below the arm of the choke lever? Right now, it's below. I don't know the stock configuration.

Sorry for the confusing questions and pictures.

Last edited by 82crawler; 06-05-2017 at 08:10 PM.
82crawler is offline   Reply With Quote