View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #17
chevlwb68

Re: 6 Lug Rally Wheel Center Caps

All four are 15x7". GM factory stamped. Do not know what they came off or exact year except I know they 73 and up. I got them off a guy on craigslist for $65 bucks. Sanded them down to bare metal and primed them. Then I used Duplicolor's Performance Wheel Coating paint in a rattle can, Silver, and painted the whole wheel. Turned out great. I primed and painted the fronts, backs, and the middle part you do not see under the tire. I have a buddy who does paint at Napa so I had him use the Spectra Eye Gun and get as close of a paint code for the truck color as he could . Mixed me up a quart of that in Enamel Lacquer. Shot the middle with of the wheels with that using a Siphon Paint spray gun.

The beauty rings are the 3'' deep dish ones. Kinda wish I would have the done the 2'' ones, but oh well I got a good deal on them. I got the rings brand new for $60 (all 4) at the swap meet. They are the SS ones, not the pop can aluminum Taiwan ones.

The Center Caps I got at the swap meet also for $20 bucks for all four. Used and beat up. Peeled off the center faded metal stickers, scrubbed them with steel wool, and then buffed and polished them with Blue Magic chrome wheel polish.

Running BFG Radial TA's.
Front: 245/60R15
Back: 275/60R15.

I spent a lot of love and time with these things. I like to stare at them a lot now. lol.

Hope this helps anyone looking to do the same.

Here are some new pics I got of them.
Attached Images

15x7 rallies and BFG's.
Built 350.
Dual Flowmasters.
Fast and Loud.
chevlwb68 is offline   Reply With Quote