Thread: VIN question
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #30
moneypit1965

Re: VIN question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
What im seeing is an original tag. Since only 1960-1964 came with the 1 in front of the C , and by the looks of the VIN , its most likely an early built truck which would also explain the rivets , possibly Built in 1964 for the 1965 production year. If you could show the last of that VIN , looks like theres an 8 in the last part. Now compare the font of that 8 with other tags from Fremont , if its flat at the top I would definitely say its an original tag because it would be very rare for any stamp to duplicate that font.
It is an early production, that was the one thing I was debating. But wouldn’t they have stamped it with a 4 instead of a 1? I read (on here) how GMC was pushing 65s as 66s so they could sell before the 67-72 run came out. Could this be one of those possibilities? I am fairly sure there will be no true answer coming out of this just a lot of possibilities. I still know the PO and I know he had it for a number of years. Because of the color and the fact he likes to buy surplus style auction rigs, I believe it might have been a state rig or someone who had a Large fleet.

Great looking Suburban by the way! That is a dream of mine!
Attached Images

1965 C10 250 I6 Shortbed Stepside (currently flatbed) work in progress

daily driver 05 cobalt.
moneypit1965 is offline   Reply With Quote