View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #52
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971_c10 View Post
In parallel with waiting on the chassis, I mentioned I did a bunch of body measurements. Those measurements were 2 fold, primary reason was getting wheel backspace, secondary reason was doing some ride height calcs, spring rates etc. I then built a somewhat complicated spreadsheet that also helped me pick the rear gears. Biggest part of the spreadsheet though was the total track width calculation which I then compared to those body measurements I took.

Then it was off to order some rims. I wound up going with Boze Alloys out of CA. They had a spoke style I really liked and are reasonably priced for a 2 piece forged setup. Again, like the chassis, custom wheels have long lead times too. Boze hit their lead time right on of 7 weeks, but a few later on the order and I could have been waiting 8-10 weeks. So you do that in series with the chassis (wait to do backspace until you can measure) and it could be at least 6-7 months before you have a rolling chassis. Luckily, you can measure and No Limit provides some guidance as well. But in the end, it's still up to you. I wanted the wheels to tuck, so I went a little off the No Limit recommendation. So far so good.

Here are all my specs:

Boze Tach (a new school/old school 5 spoke)

Front:
18x9 with a 4.75" backspace
275/40/18 Nitto 555 G2
results in about a 26.5" diameter
just under 11" total width

Rear:
18x10 with a 5.75" backspace
295/40/18 Nitto 555 G2
results in about a 27" diameter
just under 12" total width
Beautiful build, looking at that same tire/rim setup on my 83 fleetside
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote