View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #73
SCOTI

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971_c10 View Post
Hey, thanks man! The 45s is just the simple thought I was missing. Sometimes you just hit "builders block" (kinda like writers block) and some advice from others gets ya back on track. I'm going to see if the local auto parts stores have some 3" 45s in mild steel to do some trials. On the trans, the passenger side looks to have room to trim, and I thought about that over there. However, the driver side hits right where the screw for the converter cover is, so can't trim the trans that side unfortunately. So drivers side would need a little flattening work on the primary. [edit: haha, after posting, I wonder if I could trim the drivers side tab off and make a new mounting hole for the converter cover]
Doesn't that cover utilize 4 holes like the earlier 700r4's? If so, you should be fine eliminating the upper mount on the driver side & slim down the casting on the pass side.

Also.... What about slightly enlarging the exhaust pass-through on the x-rail to allow a better transition on the collector bend?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote