View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 04:24 AM   #216
whitels1

Re: 84 K10 Custom Deluxe 5.3 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Yes you did! Can't wait to see the flat bed.
Thanks! Got a few more things to do before I can start working on it, but it's gonna be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
It's always a little scary cutting a truck in half. 10" should help a lot on the trail. If you had gone 14" you could have used a short bed drive shaft.
It was a bit concerning but I feel like I had researched enough to make it happen. You make a good point on the driveline! As cheap as I am, wonder why I didn't think of that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewType72 View Post
Definitely doin some big boy work with the crawler! Love the videos, can't wait for more!
Thanks, I appreciate it!

I have been making slow progress the last few weeks but at least it's progress.

Frame welded up with fish plates, still have to cut and weld in the frame boxing plates for that area.

Swapped the shackle flip and installed some 1/2 ton burb 56" springs. I will wait to see how it sits with the flatbed and tank cradle, but will probably take at least 1 leaf out for now.

Got bored thinking about installing extended brake cables and cutting frame boxing plates so I moved onto mounting the fuel tank. Decided to make a cradle so it and the tank can be removed as one piece with an engine hoist. I am also planning to hang my shocks off the side but still brainstorming how that will work out. 1/4" angle and 2x4 .120 wall square tube, I feel like it should hold up.

GoldyLS1 K20 Build

My K10 Rock Crawler

-Dave
whitels1 is offline   Reply With Quote