View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #21
kuwait

Thumbs up Re: Please help I'm from Kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkcustums View Post
I think he is just getting severe clutch chatter or has a broken or loose mount somewhere. Only other thing I could imagine would be axle wrap, but it's kinda hard to say....

Kuwait - Do you know someone that could write us and explain it a little better? There is a bit of translation issues happening.

If it's your cluch it could be this. ↓↓↓↓ Thought it would be easier to just post this for you.

Troubleshooting-
Question: What causes clutch chatter?
Abswer: A high coefficient of friction, bad motor mounts, an incorrectly machined flywheel or faulty pressure plate, spring-centered race disc (aggravates chatter), and contamination (oil, grease, or rust).

Chatter is basically the engine winding up in the mounts as the clutch is engaging and then bouncing off the mounts, disengaging the clutch for a brief moment before engaging again and winding up again. No matter how aggressive a clutch is that would normally chatter severely on a normal street car, it generally won't chatter at all on a car with solid mounts and a rigid disc because there is no wind-up effect.

Thanks for the explanation
kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote