View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 08:14 AM   #16
zac

Re: Did front axle swap--front end now bounces and wobbles under braking

Update: Work schedule hasn’t allowed me to do much. Tires never showed up because I ordered them online from Pep Boys. They are so terrible, don’t know why I keep dealing with them. Canceled the order and have some coming from somewhere else. Using the suggested technique it appears the front drivers wheel is bent. But yesterday I installed the turned drums, new shoes and hardware kit on the rear. So with totally redone brake system I still get this wobble or vibration under medium to heavy braking. I’m using 3 crap tires and an old spare, so there is no way to really troubleshoot this until the new tires are on, hopefully next week. But there’s still a “that ain’t right” feel to this, although it’s an understatement to say I’m pretty paranoid at this point. And during normal driving the problem isn’t noticeable with the very light braking I normally do with an empty truck and the big full floater brakes.

I hate the idea I may have to swap the other axle back on, at least temporarily. The new one seems to be in great condition. I was told it came off a ‘90 Suburban—still a square body. If it had been subjected to any Fall Guy treatment I think it would have been evident.
zac is offline   Reply With Quote