View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #34
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Phoenix pop-up camper for Bigassgas8.1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
that looks really good! you say you're going to put a spare tire carrier on the back like the ram charger? ever since i was little i thought a spare tire carrier on a pickup truck was so coolest looking thing. here is one by me that i really like
Looks nice Savage. I would love to have a M1009 or M1008. Lately, I have been really Jonesing for a M1009 Blazer to take up the slack for short runs up to the mountains nearby now that the K10 gained a hou$e on the back. Nice truck you have!

To tell you the truth, I never gave much thought to hanging a spare tire on the bumper until I was faced with no place else to put it. The rear winch bumper takes up too much real estate to mount it under the frame plus I need place to carry extra fuel for long runs anyway…..so the rear bumper is getting reworked yet again.

Here is another view of my buddies Ram Charger. He is the master fabricator of the circle of friends. My double swing gates will look pretty much identical to this in a few weeks except my bumper has a winch that we have to work around, which will make fabricating the lock latches interesting.

Here is where the bald-ass spare used to live when I had the topper on it with the custom made sleeping platform with basement storage. Since the spare will now be visible, I am getting a matching wheel and a matching tire. I run Q78x16 Super Swampers on 7” wide wheels for the CO mountains and 315/75R16 AT’s on black steelies for desert runs. The spare will be a 315 on a black steel wheel as it take up less space on the rear bumper being it is 1” shorter in diameter. The black steel wheel is cheaper too

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 04-02-2011 at 06:20 PM.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote