View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #10
Cautrell05

Re: New hood hinge bolts don't fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulspickupparts View Post
Working off memory here but pretty sure that the big truck hinges has a different hole diameter in the hinge opening. With that being said in the last 60 plus years they who knows what owners trucks have on them now. As you know (fellow Nebraskan) it about 15 degrees right now so cannot check the ones I still have on trucks. Well I can , but don't want to HAH! . The thing about the repo world is they never check accuracy and or fitment of parts they makeThey just grab something off an old truck and send it to China . So if they grabbed a set of large shoulder bolts and ship them off this is what happens . I think you have the correct small hole hinges (pickup) . I think the bolts , especially the larger ones are for a big truck. Like a say. If it warms up a little I will check some of my trucks to verify. Good luck with you truck. I raced motorcyles in Hoskins many moons ago. Good times .
That would make sense. I don't need to have the hood on any time really soon so if I have to wait for a different set of hood bolts in ok with that.

How long ago did they race motorcycles in Hoskins? I raced stock cars out at Riviera from 97 through 07. The good days when somehow I had more money and time lol.

Nick

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote