View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
68Gold/white

Oil leak, 2003 Suburban 6.0, yes I used the thread search...

I help folks in need, when possible. This single Mom has a 2003 Suburban with 360,000 miles, leaks a little too much oil.

I know some of the common leaks are, oil sending unit, cam sensor, rear main seal, rear main cap. valve covers, oil cooler line junction at block...

I replaced the valve cover gaskets and oil cooler at the block, they all leaked terribly, BUT, BUT, this thing STILL leaks as much as before I performed this work...About every 5 seconds a drop of oil leaks off a starter bolt. I cannot see ANY fresh oil leaking on the top of the engine (behind the intake) that would indicate that the oil sender or cam sensor was leaking, it's difficult to see back there...

Oil also drips off the bell housing, but does NOT drip from the slot in the bell housing (at the very bottom).

I used the advance search here...looked and looked...did not see any one fix on any of the repairs made that was seemingly common.

I'm more or less thinking the engine needs to come out, and do it right, once!!! I did not mention, it's 4 wheel drive...

If you have any advice for me, please post.

Thanks in advance!!!
68Gold/white is online now   Reply With Quote